IntroductionAir travel has become an integral part of modern life. Millions of people board planes every day to travel for business, leisure, or personal reasons. However, flying also poses risks to health due to the long hours of sitting, exposure to cabin air, and the potential for infectious diseases to spread. This is where Balai Kesehatan Penerbangan, or BKP, comes in. BKP is an Indonesian organization that ensures the safety and health of passengers during air travel.
What is Balai Kesehatan Penerbangan?Balai Kesehatan Penerbangan is a health and safety agency that oversees the well-being of passengers and crew members during flights. The organization was established in 2005 by the Indonesian Ministry of Health and is responsible for implementing health regulations related to air travel in the country.
Services Provided by Balai Kesehatan PenerbanganBKP provides a range of services to ensure safe and healthy flights. These services include:
- Inspection and certification of aircraft for health and safety compliance
- Screening of passengers and crew members for infectious diseases
- Training for airline personnel on health and safety protocols
- Monitoring and surveillance of health outbreaks and incidents on board
- Coordination with other health agencies and organizations for emergency response